Friday, July 12, 2013

Dog Training]Electronic Collars for Dogs: Are You Being Led Astray?




This video is about reliably teaching your dog how to come to you when you call them. In order to teach this behavior, we have to first consider why a dog wi…
Video Rating: 4 / 5


Question by Dude24: How to start your own dog training business?

I’ve owned dogs before and am familiar with the positive reinforcement training philosophy. I’ve read books and trained my own dog before. I’d probably need to refresh myself first. So, I was wondering how do I go about starting a dog training business?


I have a current job, so I was wondering if at first I could either list it on craigslist or something similar that I am going to be starting a dog training business, need practice so I will come to their house work with their dog, and they can pay me some type of small amount for my time, nothing large. If they don’t see the results they want they don’t have to pay? Just to get myself started. Then after I get established I could start charging more for home visits.


I’d prefer to do home visits instead of a class with multiple people and multiple dogs because I feel most of the time the problems occur in the home, and you need to train the people how to train their dog. A dog can act very different at home and in an unfamiliar place.


Ideas or comments?

ps. I currently do not have any certifications


Best answer:


Answer by Bonnie
Why don’t you ask the obedience trainer that you’ve mentored under for years? Reading books, and training your own dog, does not make you a trainer. Also, you know that you’ll need to obtain a business license, be bonded, and purchase a liability insurance policy, just for starters.


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Electronic Collars for Dogs: Are You Being Led Astray?

Choice training, developed by Jennifer Arnold, the director at Canine Assistants® where they train dogs to help disabled people, should be a guiding light as it leads to happy, well conditioned pets. If you show your dog what you want her to do and …


http://img.youtube.com/vi/nLo8YP4-D8Y/0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment